Sunday, September 7, 2014

How to have AUTHORITY wherever you go (Part 2)

AUTHORITY IS USING THE NAME ABOVE YOU.
Jesus said, "He who speaks from his own authority seeks his own glory, but he who seeks the glory of the one who sent him is true, and there is nothing false about him."
 
In other words, we tend to trust people who aren't acting in their own name or for their own pleasure.  When the mail carrier comes, he is simply the messenger; she is simply delivering messages; he has no self-centered agenda.  The police officer has a badge that represents his governmental authority.  He is acting in the name of the law or the government, not his own name.
 
You use authority by using the name above you, or the name of the one who authorizes you. 
 
I'm at the library typing these words.  I have 33 minutes left on this computer.  This means I have authority over computer number 13 for 33 more minutes.  I have "command" over this computer, the ability to command it and it to obey me.  I received this authority from the librarian who told me where the adult computers are.  I typed in my library card number, given to me by the librarian.  If anyone tries to use this computer, I can tell him or her in the name of the librarian that I now have 31  more minutes on this computer.
 
Authority is actually easy to experience.
 
Wherever you are, or wherever you go, find the one who is in authority and submit to his or her authority.  Then you will have authority, the ability to command and be obeyed.  You can use the name of the authority figure above you to enforce you.  This is true no matter where you go.
 
In your house, if you are an adult who owns or rents, or someone who lives with that adult, the lease, given by the owner, gives you authority in that house.  The keys are your power.  You can command people to leave your house and expect them to obey, or law enforcement officers to enforce your authority. 
 
You want authority.  You have it by submitting to the authority where you are.
You want powerful influence.  You have it by using the name of the authority over you.
Your freedom to speak and act comes from the authority above you.
Your respect comes from respecting the authority above you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment