Saturday, April 4, 2015

How to know you are following God's Spirit

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 2 Corinthians 3:17
 
The preacher hit me in the stomach. "Yield to the Spirit of JESUS!" she yelled.  "Yield.  YIELD."  I tried to keep from falling, but couldn't regain my balance.  I lay on the ground, supposedly "slain in the Spirit."  I threw up.  "It's the devil coming out of you!  Let him out!  Let him out!!"  I got up and ran to the bathroom to clean the vomit from my bright red face. 
 
"God, why are you letting this happen?"
"Ben, why are you letting this happen?" the Spirit responded.
 
The truth hit me harder than the preacher's punch in the stomach.
***
 
How free are you?
How free are people when they are with you?
  • If you and they are free--truly free--then the Spirit is leading you.
  • If you or they are passive in mind or will, then you are following the devil, directly or indirectly.
 
Choose liberty.  Refuse slavery.
 
"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.  Stand firm then, and do not let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."  Galatians 5:1

No comments:

Post a Comment