Sunday, April 16, 2017

The man who met me on the trail

One day I walked on a greenway and a man approached me, walking towards me. 

"May I walk with you?" 
"But you're going in the opposite direction." 
"I know.  Can we walk together?" 

For some unexplainable reason, I wanted to walk with this guy.  So I did. And we had the best conversation I've ever had in my life. 

He asked me what I was thinking about when he met me on the path.  I was actually thinking about my job and whether I wanted to keep working there.  He understood.  He somehow knew that I really wanted to be a teacher instead of an engineer.  He also knew that my passion was creative writing.  I told him he was right, but that my passion didn't pay the bills.  So he took out the exact amount I needed for an over due bill and gave it to me.  Speechless, I thanked him.  He said it was a gift from God, a down payment guaranteeing that if I trust Him and used my gift of teaching, he would take care of me.  I told him I'd think about it.  He said to pray also, and I agreed to do so. 

When we got to the end of the path, he said goodbye and continued walking, and I turned around to go back to my car.  I walked about 10 steps, looked back, and the man was gone!  Completely gone.  There is no way that could've happened.  The trail was at least another mile ahead if he went straight, or 5 miles ahead if he'd taken the left to the next path on the trail.  Either way, he couldn't have gotten to the end of either path that quickly!  No way. 

He must've been sent from God. 
A messenger. 
An angel. 

I didn't take his visitation lightly.  I quit my job that day...and applied for a job as a high school English teacher.  Three days after I applied, I got a call from the principal, asking if I could start work that day!  He was desperate.  He even offered me an advance to get started.  I accepted the job, remembering my promise...to the angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment