Sunday, June 25, 2017

Is God Searching for You? (Part 2)

"The eyes of the LORD search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him." 2 Chronicles 16:9a NIV

GOD SEARCHES THE WHOLE EARTH
God actively looks at what is happening on earth, in each and every life, at each and every person, at each and every nation.  Searching.  Looking.  Seeking.  What does he see when he looks at me, and you?  What does he see when he looks at our hearts?

GOD SEARCHES FOR COMMITMENT TO HIM.
When God looks at everyone, he's looking for those who are completely committed to him.  He looks for men and women who live only to honor and obey him, no matter the consequences.  Complete dedication.  We know what this means and what it looks like.  Imagine your best friend.  Or your husband. Or your wife.  Or your parents.  Or your children.  Imagine complete dedication.  You know what they would say and do if they were completely committed to you.  So does God.  Are you completely committed to him?  If you are, be very encouraged; he's looking for you.

GOD WANTS TO STRENGTHEN THOSE COMMITTED TO HIM.
If you sincerely want to find God's will for your life, and the power to carry it out, and that is all you want, the most important thing to you, then God sees you.  He's been looking for you and has found you.  And he has been looking for you for a purpose, a deliberate focus:  to strengthen you.  Right now. 

But some of you may be asking, "What if I'm not completely committed to him like you've said?"

You can completely commit to him now, with me.  Let's do it together:

"God, creator of everything and everyone, my creator, I haven't completely been committed to you.  Please forgive me. I completely give myself to you, my heart and life.  From now on, I want only to honor and obey you.  Please see me, and strengthen me.  Amen."

If you prayed with me, tell me in the comment, and we can continue to connect.
I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment