Saturday, December 13, 2014

How to resist every temptation (part 3)

they accidentally touched hands, reaching for a straw for their coffee, at the Starbucks's counter with spices and sugars.  he felt fire desire in his chest, breathing faster and harder.  he looked into her eyes after the touch and saw dark brown invitations.  so soft and warm, her fingers melted into his.  her skin and breath are vanilla.  his heart beats as he comes to see this reality:  she wants him, and he wants her.  he knows it.  "Take me if you want me; I want you to take me."  these words are heard in his mind, a translation of her passion expression through physical connection.  her touch. 

if he accepts her invitation, then he will no longer be a virgin. all of these years he's saved himself for "the one." but where is she?  maybe she just touched him.  no.  "the one" would help him wait.  he didn't touch the one.  he touched fire.  he must find water, the escape from his desire.

"what are you thinking about?" she asked with a voice lulling him into a sensuous dream.
"what are you thinking about? he responded.
"you...and me...together..."
the way she said "together" made him want her then and there and now...where was the water for the fire? 

it's all happening so quickly.  all he wanted was to relax and enjoy some jazz at his favorite coffee shop.  he didn't come to lose his virginity.  and he never thought the possibility could happen so quickly.  or maybe it's all fantasy.  he'll test it out.

"what do you mean 'together'?"
"after our coffee, we leave, and we're alone...at your place or mine...on your couch or mine...doing whatever you have in mind."

and there it was.  it wasn't just in his head.  what he felt coming from her was real.

"but we don't know each other..."
"do we need to?  do you need to know me to enjoy me, to enjoy my body?"

if it wasn't explicit before, it is now.
where is the water, the escape from fire? 
water.
fire.
exit.
these three words came to his spirit, his intuition, combined.  each word flowed into the other.  literal and metaphorical.  spiritual and physical.  he knew.  he knew his way of escape.

"excuse me."
he went to the counter...and bought some water.  he took a drink, giving him time to think.
"God, help me."

"is everything ok?" she asked, now with him at the counter.
"yeah.  I have to go."
"are you sure?"
"i'm sure."
"maybe we can hook up another time?"
"i'm sorry. I've gotta go."
"alright.  nice to meet you."
"you too."

he left quickly.
he drove to another coffee shop about 20 minutes away.
sitting.
drinking.
thinking.

God makes a way of escape from every temptation.  Maybe the escape is literal.  When I felt the heat of passion, I drank cold water, which was available.  It literally cooled me off.  I could leave. I could leave her at that coffee shop.  I could literally escape that coffee shop, literally "flee from sexual immorality," like Paul said.  Joseph literally ran away from Potiphar's wife.  He wouldn't sleep with her or be with her.  Joseph wouldn't be with her.  He could leave.  He had a way to leave, a way to escape. 

I actually noticed her coming in...her walk sparked interest...her sway ignited intrigue...what if I left then...what if I prayed right then, "Lead me not into temptation, but deliver me from the evil one?"

Avoidance would've been better than escape.  Next time, I'll avoid "her."  It's better to avoid her than to escape her or flee from her.

after he thought, he felt stronger, wiser, and more secure. 
he finished his coffee and enjoyed the jazz.

click HERE for part four





No comments:

Post a Comment