Friday, March 27, 2015

How people know you're a child of God

For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.  Romans 8:14 NIV


My wife took a picture of my son and I walking hand in hand.  On that day, the day my wife took the picture, anyone could see that my son looked like me, walked with me, and called me daddy. This is how they knew he was my child.  And this is how people know you are a child of God.


You look like God.
You walk with God.
You call God "daddy."


When you pray, you feel God listening.  Anyone with you or near you can also feel God listening to you, as it is written, "The LORD is near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth." 


When you hear a daughter call her daddy sincerely, you know who her father is and who she is as a daughter.  The same is true for our heavenly father and us. When we pray, people see and feel God listening to us.  I've personally experienced this on more than one occasion.


Once on a job assignment I silently prayed within me, in my mind only.  Someone came up to me and said, "Excuse me, I didn't want to disturb you while you were praying...." He then asked me a question relating to my job position.  But how did he know I was praying?  I wasn't kneeling or bowing my head or putting my hands together like we sometimes do when we pray.  Somehow, he saw it and felt it.  Intuitively he knew I was connecting with God.  Another woman I worked with saw the same thing and responded the same way.  My prayer connection to God was so real they could feel it. The same is true for you, son or daughter or God, when you pray. 


How do people know you're a child of God?
You look like Him.
You walk with Him.
You call Him dad.


They know you are God's child when you pray.
They feel Him listening to you.
They sense Him in the room with you.


Know the power of your prayers in manifesting the presence of God.


If you agree, pray right now with me:


Our Father in heaven, we approach you in the name of Jesus by Your Spirit in us.  We welcome your presence with us and in us.  Let everyone with me and near me feel you with me and in me.  If they don't know you, let the come to know you.  If they do know you, let them be closer to you.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment