Saturday, July 4, 2015

How do I know God is with me?

I can think of nothing better than the presence of God.  If He is with me and in me, then I never lack anything or anyone.  Ever.  But how do I know God is with me? 


By believing the attribute of God's omnipresence, and applying that attribute to my life, I have no choice but to acknowledge God's presence in the room with me right now.  I define omnipresence in two ways:


1.  God is everywhere at once.
2.  God is everywhere that He wants to be.


The second definition is critical to God's divine liberty and sovereignty.  Often times Christians and theologians make God a slave to His attributes.  Because He is everywhere at once, He must be everywhere at once, whether He wants to be or not.  This means God is even in hell in a way that causes Him the conscious experience of those who reject Him, whether He wants this conscious experience or not. But God is free.  He is everywhere at once, and He is also everywhere He wants to be, as well as no where that He doesn't want to be.  I will show these two applications of God's omnipresence in my personal life:  that God is in the room with me, and that He wants to be in the room with me. 



God is Spirit-- everywhere, unlimited by time and space.
Everywhere includes where I am right now.
Therefore, God is where I am right now.


But more than this, those who consciously acknowledge God's omnipresence are consciously aware that He is where they are.
I am one who consciously acknowledges God's omnipresence.
Therefore, I am consciously aware that God is where I am.


In other words, because God is aware of me, and I am aware of His awareness of me, I am aware that He wants me to be aware of Him.  How could I be aware of His awareness if God Himself didn't want me to be aware of Him?  Because God is everywhere, wherever He wants to be, and because God cannot be where He chooses not to be, if I am aware of Him, He wants me to be aware of Him.


And the same is true for you, if you want it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment