Tuesday, November 10, 2015

How am I Supposed to Feel? (Part 2)

"You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."~The Lord Jesus

Remember how I said I wanted to be as free to feel as God is?  Remember I also said that sometimes God does things He doesn't like or want to do?  Now I'm thinking two things. 

1.  God always knows the truth about everything, so His feelings are always perfectly accurate and based on the facts.  That's why He can feel freely.  He sees clearly.  When God does something He doesn't want to do,  it's really Him doing something less preferable, or something that has to be done at the time that the facts dictate, even though He would want the situation to be different.  It's like parents who have to put their child out of the house.  They don't want to do it, but the facts show that it's necessary.  So they aren't really forcing themselves to act against their wills.  They are doing something they wish they didn't have to do. That was my first thought.

2.  The parents put their child out of the house because they know the truth.  They know that unless they put their child out, more harm will come to him or her than if they let the child stay. The parents' choice is based on these facts.

I believe this is the path to emotional freedom; this is how I am supposed to feel.

The reason I need to breathe or pause before speaking and acting is not because I want to repress the emotion.  I don't want to lose control and explode in a rage, nor do I want to be a cold robotic man.  I want to feel, yet be in control

How do I do that?  By knowing the truth.  The truth is the key to choosing and feeling.  I choose to focus on the truth so that my feelings can be true and intense. By knowing, speaking, and acting upon the truth, I can express all of my feelings. 

Click HERE for part 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment