Sunday, October 16, 2016

The Man of God at the Bus Stop (Part 1)

Everyone listen, I have extremely good news:
God has come to the earth; God has taken charge of this world.

I and three others at the bus stop looked at this man of God, unsure of how to respond.  I can't explain it, but something about the way he gave his message struck me.  He sounded like a news reporter, a  police officer, and an excited fan of a team that just won the final game.  In other words, I believed him.  I can't explain why.  From the looks of the other three with me, they also believed him...at least in the sense of feeling like his words were an accurate report of a real event.  But their responses varied sharply.

"Who do you think you are?!  All I'm trying to do is wait for the stupid bus, and here you come, shoving your religion down our throats!"  The woman with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes never let her gaze off of the man of God.  Never.  Her breathing sped on as her chest heaved up and down.  Her fists clenched and reddened. 

"I am only delivering a message," said the man of God calmly.

Click HERE for part 2


No comments:

Post a Comment