Sunday, March 5, 2017

The Man in the Corner (Part 2)

How'd it go?
I don't even know where to begin.  First, do you want to order something?
I will in a minute.  Begin wherever you want, if you want.
Well, I called her after I got off work that day we talked.  (Thanks again for that.)  We talked for an hour and a half.
Deep things?
Very.  She's actually an intensely deep thinker.
How'd you find out?
I did what you said.  I just told her what I wanted, and she said she wanted the same thing.
What took you both so long to find out.
We were both scared.
Of what?
Of being hurt or rejected.  She'd been turned down by her first boyfriend because he thought she was too serious.  The same thing happened to me with my first girlfriend.
And you both never dated again?
Well, neither of us really date...at least we didn't after our first loves.
What do you both do?
We both want a best friend...who we could see ourselves having sex with everyday.
That's interesting.
Yeah.  In other words, we want to be married.
To each other?
We didn't get that far, but we're heading in that direction.
I'm glad to hear that the conversation went so well...better than you both expected, it seems.
Much better.  Are you ready to order?
Actually, I need to see a menu.
Really?  You've never looked at one before.
I think I'll have a meal this time.
That's good.  If you'll be here for a while, I want to ask you another question.
Ask me whatever you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment