Sunday, May 3, 2015

Finding my calling (and finding yours)

How can I know I'm called to write you this blog?  If you need to hear what I'm writing, then your need is my calling.  I have something to say, and you need to hear it.  Maybe it's not that mysterious.  Or maybe it is.  Because your need and my ability, meeting at just the right time, is miraculous.  You're reading right now.  Not long after I'm writing. Out of all the blogs or things you could be reading, I'm it.  How did that happen?  God alone is the explanation.  I'm called by God, and perhaps by you, to write to you.  Now what about you?  What are you called to do?


Today, somebody needed you.  Somebody.  Maybe your boss, or your parents, or your siblings.  Let's start from the beginning of your life...


You were born.  Out of all the sperm and eggs that could've connected, yours did.  And now you're here.  I know as a parent that once each of my children were born, it was as if they could never not exist for me.  My life and theirs became inextricably connected.  And God forbid I should ever lose one of them, I would never be the same me.  The same is true for you...to someone...even if you think your parents wished you were never born.  Let's talk about what we know...let's talk about the real evidence of the significance of your existence...


I'm the evidence.


Your significance is why I'm writing.


Without you, I'd have no one to write to.


You.


The one reading.


Right now.


Are significant...to me.


That is your calling.

4 comments:

  1. wow,2nd time today! The Lord has spoken this to me .I got a word earlier about my birth ,this is the witness Ive been looking for! Amen and thankyou! Jeshua sent me a word from Nigeria ,from a person I know not.I asked God a question this am! I knew if the word I received was true I would receive a witness! I was told my calling and what happened at my birth!! Christ truly answers his children in amazing ways!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glory to God Marlene! I am honored to be connected to the Spirit and you through Christ. May God continue to affirm you by His Spirit. In Jesus name, amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again,this Shabbot I receved a confirmation! I asked God to confirm it! test the spirits,and after receiving and then meeting Jeshua God in prayer.Once again I clicked on the postings and your post was in front of me! Wow,isnt our Father amazing! 4 people I know not,and 1 I met spoke the same calling over me .I asked my Lord to reveal my calling,and behold same answer.1from Nigeria and 1 from a Christian cpl in Illinois sent me a message with exact words! what do you think? Im new to hearing a confirmed word from our Father ,does this coincide with scripture? 1yr ago another Christian I met prophezed exact word over me.I dont know what it means yet and I feel not at all worthy.In Christs Love MM

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you've tested the spirits, if Jesus is glorified, and if your will is completely submitted to God's will, then you should receive all of the confirmations by faith, refusing to doubt. The Lord is with you when you are with Him.

    ReplyDelete