Friday, May 15, 2015

What is God's will for you? (Part 1)

The will of God isn't a mystery.  It isn't out there in a mystical cloud waiting to be deciphered like a puzzle with a million pieces.  Is your will a mystery?  It is to me at this moment because I don't know what you want to do.  But the fact that you have a will isn't a mystery.  You have the ability to choose or refuse.  So does God.  His will is simply what He wants or doesn't want at any given moment.  It isn't a mystery in the sense of being an enigma, but it is a mystery in the same way your will is a mystery, as the Apostle Paul said,


"No one knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man in him.  In the same way, no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God."


I can't know your will, or God's for that matter, unless you or God choose to reveal it.  But again, this isn't mysterious.  It's the way things work in a relationship, as the Prophet Amos said,


"How can two walk together unless they agree?"


Agreements happen when two wills unite. For example, if you and I decide to take a walk together, I can "submit" to your will, or you could "submit" to mine, or we both could already agree on where we wanted to go. In other words, I could say, "I'll go wherever you want to go.  It's up to you." Or you could say the same with me.


The same is true with God.


What is God's will for you? 
It's for you to agree unconditionally to go wherever He wants to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment