Sunday, August 9, 2015

Will you resist the AntiChrist? (Part 2)

"All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him." 
Luke 10:22 NIV

Are you a false prophet?  Do you presume to speak for God as if you have a perfect knowledge of who He is?  This is dangerous.  We dare not misrepresent God, acting as if He is made in our image instead of us being made in His.  

It is written,
"When you did these things and I kept silent, you thought I was exactly like you. But I now arraign you and set my accusations before you." Psalms 50:21 NIV

Moses misrepresented God when he struck a rock in anger instead of speaking to it as God commanded him to.  Before, when Israel was thirsty, God told Moses to strike a particular rock.  Moses obeyed, and water came from this rock.  There was a time later in Israel's journey through the desert when Israel complained of thirst.  God told Moses to speak to the rock this time, but instead, in anger, Moses struck the rock.  Water came out, but God had been misrepresented.  Moses was to represent God to Israel, but instead Moses made it seem as if God were angry, when God wasn't.  For this, Moses was punished by God; he wasn't allowed to enter the promised land.  Why was God so stern?

God will never allow Himself to be misrepresented by those who represent him.  This includes you and me as Christians. We don't have to be Christian leaders to misrepresent Christ; any misrepresentation of Christ is an accurate representation of the Antichrist.  Therefore, you and I have met him, the Antichrist, already.  When a Christian acts unchristian, or when you and I act unchristian, we meet the Antichrist, or people meet him when they meet you and me.

Click here for part 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment