Saturday, August 29, 2015

The root of all your problems (part 1)

"They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is forever praised. Amen."  Romans 1:25 NIV

"I know he doesn't care about me; he just thinks I'm needy," thought Tammy about her husband as she drove home from work.  She clenched the steering wheel, forcefully inhaling and exhaling.  "He said he'd call me at my lunch break.  How hard is that?  I know what he's doing.  He's probably too busy with his new book to even care about our agreement.  I know what he's thinking: 'Why can't she get through one day without us talking in the middle of the day?'  Well I don't need him that much.  I'll let him know just  that as soon as I see him!'

Tammy notices how fast she's going and slows down.  She's only five minutes away from her house.  The thought of Ben's car in the driveway, sitting there all day, confirms his thoughtlessness in her mind.  But after five minutes, she pulls into her driveway, and Ben's car isn't there.  "Where on earth is he?"

Before Tammy unlocks her door she sees an envelope taped by the knob.  It's his handwriting:  "To my beautiful wife Tammy, my best friend."  She opens the envelope before going in:

"Tammy, I've been thinking about you all day.  I actually tried to call you five minutes before your lunch break to make sure I could reach you.  Our electricity went out, and I our WI-fi connection was lost, so I couldn't call you on our cell phone or send you a message.  Tammy, I want you to know something:  if you're needy, so am I.  I don't just want to talk to you at lunch, I need to.  I need to hear your voice in the middle of the day.  Our connection is my life on earth.  I love you baby, and I'll see you soon, if you get this before I get home.  (I went to see about our WI-fi.)  Ben."

She noticed Ben's name blurred by her tears, and realized this:

The root of all of her problems was a lie.  (Click here for part 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment