Saturday, November 29, 2014

How to be invincible against evil

Light defeats darkness by simply being itself.  You turn on the light, and the darkness leaves.  Light and darkness can't coexist.  Neither can good and evil.  Neither can the truth and the lie.  Opposites can't coexist.


You can't be positive and negative at the same time.  You can't speak gently and speak harshly at the same time.  These are polar opposites.  To choose one is to refuse the other.  Herein lies the secret to your victory in every area and every relationship in your life: 


Choose the specific opposite whatever is wrong in your life. 
In doing so, you will expose and eradicate that wrong.


Think of a difficult relationship you're in, one where you feel like someone is treating you wrong.  Say he's disrespecting you, or she is insulting you.  You can defeat disrespect with respect.  In fact, disrespect exposes and eradicates disrespect.  I'll give you an example from my own life. 


One morning I drove to a new job, not knowing what I'm doing or where I'm going.  I approach a man who worked there and said, "Good morning."  "What do you want?" he yelled.  "Is this the right building for the recycling plant?"  "Over there!" he yelled again.  "Thank you sir."  He didn't respond.  Later that day, when I saw him again, he said, "I'm sorry for being so short with you this morning.  I was in a bad mood because of all the work the guys left me to do." 


Do you see how my respect defeated his disrespect?  I said, "Good morning," and asked for his help.  He responded rudely, but I thanked him respectfully.  My respect overcame his disrespect.  I didn't condone his disrespect, nor did I condemn it.  I turned on the light of respect which exposed and eradicated the darkness of disrespect.  So can you.  Whatever is wrong in your life, in whatever area or whatever relationship, you can do the opposite of that wrong, and in doing so you will expose and defeat the wrong doing.


"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."  Romans 12:21 NIV



No comments:

Post a Comment