Saturday, September 19, 2015

The day I was born, and the day I died (Part 2)

I was born 42 years ago today; 17 years after that, I died. On the night I died, I rose again. 
This is how it happened.

With my confession, with my faith in Christ's crucifixion, I experienced union. 
I died when Jesus died.
I rose when Jesus rose.

I became a son of God, no longer merely a son of Edward.
With this new identity I entered into reality.
I came to know that this world is ruled by God's enemy, now my enemy.
The world is held in slavery, but Jesus came to set every one free, both you and me.

Now that I'm free, I live for God my Creator, your Creator.
Every creature with whom I come in contact meets God in me.
God's Spirit now lives in me, filling me, leading me, empowering me.
Every creature can be set free if he or she wants to be.
But to do so, they must accept reality: 
God is reality.  This world is held captive by God's enemy.
But the Son of God defeated the enemy and now rules with all authority.
Yet the enemy still holds many in captivity, though they have been set free.
It's only by faith in God's Son that we all become God's children.

As one of His children, after 42 years of life in this dark world, I renew my commitment to my Creator, Savior, and Master.

In this world I am rejected, I am slain, I am resurrected, with Jesus Christ.
You may be too, if you choose to.  It's up to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment