Saturday, September 26, 2015

Miriam (Part 1)

Miriam adored Jose, and Jose wouldn't breathe without Miriam.  From her earliest memory, it was so.  Jose had always known her deepest thoughts, emotions, and dreams, even as children.  They were best friends, each others only true friends; through each other they loved everyone and were intimidated by no one.  Then the day came, the best day of her life.

"Miriam, my one and only, my intimacy, my blissful ecstasy, I want one thing:  to be one with you.  I've saved myself for you, and you for me.  Will you marry me?  Become my wife, the mother of my children."

As she listened to Jose, time stopped and she saw a vision.  In this vision she saw three Miriams, giving three responses to three Joses.

Miriam 1
"No.  Too long I've lived this dream that is you and me.  Too long it has been 'we' instead of ME.  Now that I am of age, I must be who I am without you.  I reject your love, and even my love. I evolve. I am."

"Miriam, what is coming over you?  Why are you saying these things?"

"I evolve.  I am.  Be gone."

Jose, devastated, leaves.

Miriam 2
"Yes, but with this condition.  I must learn to love myself before I learn married love.  I will therefore marry myself as if I am marrying you.  I will do for myself what you seek to do for me."

"Miriam, what are you talking about?  You can't be your own husband, or the father of your own children."

"I must.  In saying yes to you, I have to do my part.  With all my might I have to earn the right to be a wife and mother."

"But that's impossible. Do you hear what you're saying?"

"I do.  How can I be a strong wife if I don't do this myself.  Give me time."

Jose, confused, leaves.

Click here for Miriam Part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment