Saturday, October 24, 2015

What your church should be like

Where two or more are gathered in my name, I am in their midst.~The Lord Jesus
As many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are the children of God.~The Apostle Paul

The minister bowed his head and prayed.  "God, please lead me by your Spirit in Jesus name.  What do you want us to focus on today when we meet?"  The Spirit responded, "I have given Sean a song to sing that will comfort all of you because of your hard week.  Tamara has an encouraging message to share from her Bible studies this week. Let your wife close in prayer; her intercession will strengthen all of you and touch you all where you feel deep need.  When you open up the meeting, invite Sean, Tamara, and your wife to share whatever I've given them.  They will share in order everything I'm revealing to you."  Darren thanked God for guiding him.  As he got up from prayer, the doorbell rang.  It was Sean and Tamara, a young couple who lived in the neighborhood.  Amanda, Darren's wife, came from the bedroom to join the meeting.

After everyone greeted and hugged each other, Darren spoke.  "Please share whatever the Spirit is leading you to share."

Sean spoke first.  "I have a song the Lord is giving me to share with everyone."  Darren nodded.  So did everyone else.  After Darren's song there was a holy hush.  Everyone wiped tears from their eyes, thanking God for easing their pain from the week.  "That song fits perfectly with what I've been studying in scripture this week."  Tamara shared with everyone what God showed her all week long from the Psalms.  Darren and Amanda smiled at each other.  They had just talked at breakfast about the very same scriptures Tamara shared.  "Can I pray for everyone?  I feel deeply burdened to pray for each of you."  Everyone agreed.  Amanda prayed with conviction.  After she finished, they all felt God's presence, filling them individually and collectively.  They felt the Lord Jesus in the room

No comments:

Post a Comment