Sunday, October 4, 2015

The Answer to Your Most Urgent Prayer (Part 2)

When I say your most urgent prayer,  I don't mean you have to be desperate, or in a state of crisis, or in an emergency.  By your most urgent prayer, I simply mean a real and present tense need.  I've seen that God answers every need when we need it...not before, but definitely not after.  Whether the need is financial or relational, this is a divine principle.

For example, a young man asked me for advice about getting engaged.  He thought about whether he was ready emotionally and financially.  I told him what I'm telling you:  God will not meet his emotional or financial need to get engaged until he was in fact engaged.  I told him that he had God's "boyfriend provisions," and would not have God's  "fiancee provisions" until he was in fact a fiancee.  Put this another way.  I couldn't get help from God as a father until I in fact became a father.  What I found was that with each child I had, I would receive financial provision for that child by the time the child was born. 

God meets the need we have right now, even if that need is a peaceful assurance of future provision.

What do you need right now?  If you really need it right now, then thank God in advance, because today, before midnight, you'll have what you need. But if you don't get it before midnight, then like the government agency told me, you are not yet "in crisis."  In fact, just the fact that you have time to stop and read this blog proves it.  Those in crisis, believe me, aren't reading blogs right now.  But God sees them, and is providing for them, right now.

He'll do the same for you.
He is doing the same for you.

If you don't need something right now, but you definitely feel you will need it in the future, there is one thing that God will always give you right now:  His perfect incomprehensible peace.  The way to receive this peace is to pray instead of worry, as it is written,

"Do not worry about anything, but in all things, by supplication with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guard your heart and mind in union with Christ Jesus."

If you agree, pray with me:

Dear God, 
You know each and every need I have right now, and in the near future.  Thank you that I can come to you instead of worrying.  Please provide every need I have, and until you do, please give me perfect incomprehensible peace.  In Jesus name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment