Friday, July 22, 2016

How to Find Your Personal Calling (Part 1)

"...we all need to be aware of our personal calling.  What is a personal calling?  It is God's blessing, it is the path that God chose for you here on Earth.  Whenever we do something that fills us with enthusiasm, we are following our legend."~Paulo Coelho

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” ~ Howard Thurman

Today I had one of the purest experiences of intuition I've ever had in my life; I knew with perfect certainty what was going to happen before it happened; I knew what a young man was going to say before he said it.  He raised his hand after a student spoke, and I knew what was on his mind, what was on his lips.  But the group therapist didn't call on him.  So he put his hand down.  A few minutes later, the therapist said to the boy, "Were you going to say something?  Did you have your hand raised?"  "No," said the boy. "Alright, said the therapist."  "Wait, I did have my hand raised," the boy said.  (He tended to be absent minded.)  Then he said it: the very thing I knew without doubt he was going to say.  I smiled.  I wanted to share this revelation with the therapists, to see if each of them had experienced the same revelation.  I'd hoped they had.  I didn't want it to be unique, or some kind of super power for me alone.  I wanted to know if they knew what I knew.  If they did, I would've found joy.  If they didn't, I would've found joy.  A shared or unique revelation equally brings me joy.

Revelations fill me with enthusiasm.
Revelations make me come alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment