Saturday, January 31, 2015

God's power and yours (part 2)



DAVID
When David told Saul he would fight Goliath, Saul doubted David's ability because David was young and inexperienced in war.  David told Saul that God had given David victory over lions and bears.  The same God who delivered wild animals into David's hands would deliver Goliath into his hands.  David focused on victories he'd already experienced.  God had already prepared David for fighting a giant far bigger and stronger than him.  Even Goliath was probably no match for lions and bears. He probably wasn't as big or strong as a lion or bear.  David had been prepared by God, and God will prepare you and me for any battle we must face.  But there's more.


When David prepared to fight Goliath, at first he tried to wear Saul's armor.  The scriptures say David wasn't used to them, so David took off Saul's armor.  He then went to a brook and gathered 5 smooth stones for his sling, which he was used to, and had experience and practice.  Like Moses had experience with his staff, David had experience with his sling.  God didn't tell David to use a weapon or armor that David found awkward.  David used the resource he had with the strength and experience he had.  The same is true for me and you.




What can you do? 
What do you have?




All God expects of you is to do what you can with what you have.  If all you have is to give is your time and attention, use them to honor God.  If all you can do is read and share these words, share what you've read for God's honor.  This is all God expects and requires of you, no more, but no less. 




If you agree, please pray with me:


"God, I offer you who I am, what I have, and what I can do.  No more, no less.  I commit to use what I have and what I can do as soon as I finish reading these words.  Be with me for your glory.  In Jesus name and by the Spirit.  Amen."




Now share this blog, or write your own. 
Or do whatever you feel you can do, with what you have, to honor God. 


God is with you.  God is in you.  God loves you.  God empowers you.


Natural and supernatural abilities and resources both come from God. 


Use what you have.
Do what you can do.


God is with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment