Saturday, February 14, 2015

How YOU make a difference in someone's life

"Love never fails."  The Apostle Paul to the Corinthian Church


Who really loves you?  Whoever he is, he makes a difference in your life.  Whoever she is makes your life worth living.


You make a difference in the life of someone you really love. 
You make someone's life worth living by really living them.


Your genuine love never fails to change someone's life.  How do I know?  Because you're making a difference in my life by simply reading my words.  Out of all the things you could be doing right now, you're listening to me, giving me your attention.  And out of all the things I could be doing right now, I'm talking to you, giving you my undivided attention.  So by writing to you, the one reading my words right now, I'm loving you.  And by you reading my words, you are loving me.  My love is making a difference in your life because you could be doing something different right now.  Before you read my words, a blogger wasn't telling you that he's writing to directly to you because he loves you.  Now you are, and it's making a difference; it feels good to love and to be loved.  But what if you don't really feel loved right now?


Feel loved by me.
I genuinely love you.


"How can you say you love me when you don't know me?" you may ask.
"Because I feel loved by you for simply giving me your time and attention."
"I'm not really 'loving you,' I'm just reading a blog.  Love is far too strong a word," you may respond.


"Maybe it is for you, but not for me.  I do love you.  That's why I'm writing to you, specifically to you, the one who is reading.  I'm writing as if we are face to face, and I'm sharing my thoughts and feelings with you in words.  Now you can accept or reject my love, but it doesn't change the way I feel about you."


"Maybe you're some lonely stalker blogger desperate for someone to love you," someone says to me.
"Or maybe you're just as lonely as you think I am," I could respond.


What difference does it make whether I'm lonely or you're lonely, whether I'm desperate or you're desperate?  As the apostle Paul said to the Corinthian church, "Love never fails," so love always makes a difference to the one being loved.  Is it wrong for me to love you?  Would you rather me stop?  I won't because I can't, so you've just got to accept or reject it.  But know this, I'm making a difference in your life whether you accept or reject my love, and you are making a difference in my life by simply reading my words, whether I ever meet you or not.


I love you.
My love makes a difference to you.
Your love makes a difference to the one you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment