Saturday, February 7, 2015

Why God Can't Sin (and how to be like Him) Part 4

I'm John, the husband of Beth, and the father of John Jr.; I just resisted the tempter.  This is my story.


I'm sitting up late at night at my dining room table on my computer.  I just saw Kim Kardashian in skimpy clothes on an advertisement on the side of my email.  (I've tried to get rid of all advertisements, but I can't, which is a shame in the land of the free and the home of the brave.)  My wife sleeps, as does my son.  I have nothing but time on my hands in a quiet house with my computer.  Do I keep looking at Kim K, or do I read Christian philosophies by William Lane Craig?


God or Kim K.?  That's really what it boils down to.


Is God better than imaginary sex with Kim K.?  Again, that's what her pictures do to me.  They tempt me to want to have sex with a married woman who has a daughter named North West.  She is the wife of Kanye West.  She is not my wife.  Yet I feel desire for her because of her lustfully tempting pictures. 


I also feel a desire to read about God.  


Pictures of Kim K. are just finger tips away. 
Words about God are just finger tips away.


I read about God...for hours...and hours. 
I literally find thinking about God better than thinking about Kim K.
Not to mention my beautiful Beth who saves her body just for me.


I so enjoy reading William Lane Craig's words that I have to make myself stop reading so I can go to bed and get up with my son.


I'm John, the husband of Beth, and the father of John Jr. I just resisted the tempter.  That was my story, and it can be yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment