Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Are you ignoring God?

"They knew God but did not praise and thank him for being God." Romans 1:21a GWT

If you say you know God and claim to be in a relationship with Him, you should frequently and freely praise and thank Him.  Do you do this?  Do you act as if you know God?

Or do you ignore Him?

DO YOU KNOW GOD?
To know someone in the scriptures is to be in intimate connection with that person.  Adam is said to have "known Eve," which meant he had sex with her, the most intimate physical act a husband and wife can have.  With a connection closer than sex, God knows us intimately and personally, knowing the number of hairs on my head and yours, as Jesus said.  Do you know God intimately?  If you know Him, you will effortlessly praise Him.  Do you?  If you are intimate with Him, you will consistently thank Him for who He is to you, and what He has done for you.  Do you?

DO YOU PRAISE AND THANK GOD?
After you see a very good movie, you can't stop talking about it.  When you go to a good restaurant and enjoy a delicious meal, you want to take people to this restaurant, singing its praises.  You personally saw and experienced the powerful drama of the movie; you tasted the scrumptious flavors of the food in the awesome restaurant. As a result, you just had to tell someone.  You had to praise the movie.  You had to find the chef and thank him for the meal.   In the same way, we should praise the beauty that is God, as it is written, "Taste and see that the LORD is good."

If you aren't naturally and effortlessly praising and thanking God, it's because He is less real to you than a good movie or a good restaurant.  How can you say you have a "personal relationship with Christ," who died for you, who rose for you, and who lives for you by His Spirit, and rarely praise and thank Him from your heart?

If this is true of you, repent right now. 
Face God your Creator and Savior and Master, the one who lives inside of you and loves you so much He gave you His very self.  Tell Him you are sorry for neither praising nor thanking Him as He deserves...Tell him you are sorry for ignoring Him.  Do that now with me:

Dearest God, my Creator and Father, I love you and like you and need you.  Forgive me for any way and every way that I ignore you.  I won't ignore you any more.  I love you God.  I need you God.  I must have you.  Take me completely.  Amen.

Write me in the comments and let me know about your renewed relationship with our God.

No comments:

Post a Comment