Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Life and death

The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit. 
Proverbs 18:21 NIV

Someone you know is dead.  He is in heaven.  She is in hell. 
Words heard, accepted or rejected, determined which place they ended up after they died. 

Perhaps words you spoke. 

Our words birth or kill. 

Sometimes I think about people I know that are dead. 
I wonder what I said that brought them closer to or farther from God. 
I wonder about the impact I had on their lives by my words, or my lack of words. 
I wonder what impact I'm having on you.

What if my words are the last ones you will read? 

If so, I want you to know that God made you.
You owe your life to Him.

If you are not living for Him as you read, stop reading and give your life to Him right now.
If you are living for God as you read, stop reading, and rededicate your life to Him right now.

I'll do it with you....

"God, you made me.  I am yours.  I live for you and you alone.  I give my life to you."

We did it. 
We are ready to live, because we are ready to die, even if it's today.



No comments:

Post a Comment