Monday, May 2, 2016

The Asian boy who played Jesus

I saw a boy playing Jesus in a play; his character was called "the carpenter." 
To me, he was what Jesus would be like if he were a little Asian boy. 

He was quiet and confident; he said little, but what he said was true, focused, and powerful. 
He was humble and powerful, like Jesus. 
He led the other characters in the play by serving them, but he led them unapologetically. 
He commanded them. 
He said he could be completely trusted, that he knew where they were going and could get them there safely; he said this confidently, yet not arrogantly.  His confidence was not in himself.

The carpenter in the play focused on his father and his father's ways, his father's will.  His focus on his father was genuine.

He seemed real.  Sometimes people think the way Jesus would be wouldn't seem real in our daily lives, like he would be strange or nerdy or not socially skilled.  This little Asian boy showed them wrong.  I could see Jesus being himself on earth right now, being compelling and interesting.  I could see following him; I could see him in the boy who played Jesus. 

This little Asian boy gave me a glimpse of what Jesus is like.  He inspired me to give all who know me a glimpse of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment