Monday, May 2, 2016

Three characters in a play that I loved

When he came on the stage I couldn't take my eyes off of him.  He played a character tempting young boys to leave the path of righteousness to follow him on the path of unrighteousness.  He didn't say a word.  His motions and emotions were made known by his actions.  He mesmerized.  I watched him, proud of him, proud of my first born son.
***
I tall girl spoke boldly about the love of God shown to us in sacrifice.  She sang of his love in a clear innocent voice.  She led other dancers in a dance for his honor.  I was so very proud of her, my first daughter...a leader...a singer...a dancer...a child of God.
***
Tears filled my eyes as I watched a girl in red...dancing...smiling...free.  I looked at my wife, whose eyes were wet as well.  We were seeing what we'd longed to see, our first baby girl, dancing free, singing free, glad to be who God made her to be.  She belongs on stage, her smile bright and beautiful, her movements graceful and joyful.  The girl in red...my second daughter, filled me with joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment