Wednesday, November 20, 2013

PURE ANGER (PART 5)

40 minutes later I hear noise. I make no decision about it’s origin. I go upstairs and find my oldest son playing with toys. I tell him to put his toys away and go to bed because play time is over. He puts them away and gets in bed. 10 minutes later I hear noise. I go and see why. My oldest son is up again…playing with toys. I warn him: If you don’t obey me, I will discipline you. He puts his toys away and goes to bed, or so I thought. 23 minutes later I hear noise. I refuse to make up my mind. I go and see what and why. My oldest son is in the bathroom with my youngest, the one who fears dark hallways. But something is off. My youngest son is smiling. My oldest has a look I’ve seen before, the “I’m up to no good” look. Sure enough, I see a glimpse of something in the bath tub—toys! The toys I told the oldest to put away. Now I feel it. Pure fire. Just anger. I tell the youngest to go to bed, giving him a warning. I take the oldest with me to teach him obedience. The lesson developed slowly, was taught fiercely, and ended quickly. We hugged and talked. It’s over. Like it never happened. In the next post, feel the heat rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment