Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Key to Your Real Personal Authority (Part 2)

Why in the land of the free even discuss authority? What difference does it make to you and me? [At home, are you heard or ignored? Do you yell, or whine, or manipulate, or dominate, at the dinner table discussions? What are you trying to get? A voice. A place at the dinner table. Authority. To be taken seriously and not taken lightly.] (At work, what do you want in meetings? What do you want in your field? To be “the one.” The man. The woman. Maybe not the boss, but to have the respect of the boss. Perhaps the one behind the scenes who really pulls “the strings.” The one in “the know,” so to speak.) {You. Authority. God wants this too. He made man and woman to have dominion on earth, over earth, over things. This authority is your identity in a specific territory, within specific boundaries.} Strive to be the only. [As a husband, I am the only. As a father, I am the only. As an officer, I am the only. My home. My unit. My realms.] You have realms, given to you by God Himself. Rule them. By simply being you, the only you. [If you’re a teacher, rule the room. It’s yours. Rule it.] I don’t mean slavery or oppression. I mean you being the only you in the room at the moment. I don’t mean you want all eyes on you all the time. But when all eyes are supposed to be on you, refuse to be ignored by being unignorable. (How? Say what no one else can or will say. Do what no one else can or will do. Take things farther than anyone else is willing to take them. This is easy.) Who else married my Lucy? Who else has been with this woman for almost 12 years? Who else gave her 7 children!? I am her only husband, the only father of her only 7 children. It’s easy. My place cannot be replaced. Neither can yours. God gave it. Be it. Do it. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment