Thursday, April 17, 2014

What It Means for YOU To Be HOLY

It is written: Be holy, because I am holy.  Peter, apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ

I thought about holiness at two extremes:
1. A kind of spooky kooky weirdness, where you walk around moaning and groaning
2. A samurai warrior seriousness, where you remain silent unless ordered to speak

The first extreme involves the otherworldly nature of holiness, which is true.
The second extreme involves the dedication and focus of holiness, which is also true.

Yet what the Spirit showed me is a picture of a husband and wife talking freely and intimately.  There is something heavenly and thus otherworldly about this.  There is also a dedication and focus on each other that this man and woman have with no other person.  Their love is exclusive, set apart. They belong to each other. 

This is what it means for you to be holy.

It means an exclusive and set apart relationship with God that is the most intimate relationship you have and can have.  Who else can live in your body?  Who else is with you always, all day, everyday?  The Spirit of God is the Holy Spirit.  Your body is His temple.  You are not your own.  You are one spirit with the Lord, as a husband is one body with his wife.  This is holiness.

To experience this, you need only to believe in Jesus and enjoy the wonder of His Spirit in your body.

If you agree, pray with me:

"Holy Spirit, I honor You. You are God, and my body is Your temple.  I welcome You.  I love You.  I am one with You, both now and forever.  In the Father.  By the Son.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment