Wednesday, April 16, 2014

What We Can't Live Without

Jesus told us, His followers, to stay connected to Him.
Why?  Because we can't do anything without Him. 

Apart from Me you can do nothing.

As helpless as a leaf fallen from a tree.
A branch disconnected from a vine.

I can see what Jesus means.

I've been very sick lately, so sick I couldn't write or read my Bible.

All I could do was say quick prayers like:

"God, please help me."
"God, please heal me."
" I submit to God and resist the devil."

Quick prayers.  That's it. 
Then I'd try to position myself in bed where I felt the least pain.
Those quick prayers were the best I could do to stay connected to Jesus by the Spirit.
Without Him, I could do nothing.  I needed Him to comfort me, and pray for me.

I'm better now, thank God.  Better meaning the moment it hits you that you actually feel "normal."

It's not just the sickness though.  It's life in this world.
All of it seems to be against us.  Sometimes it doesn't seem to let up.
Everywhere.  Every day. 

Sometimes it feels like I'm just holding on until Jesus returns.  When it feels like that, I know I can't make it another moment without the Spirit's leading and power.  Apart from Him, I can do nothing. 

What we can't live without is the Spirit of Christ.

If you agree, pray with me:

"Father, by Your Son, I depend on Your Spirit.  At this moment, every step I take, I take following Him.  Without Him, I'm lost.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment