Tuesday, April 8, 2014

You Are Well Provided For

One day Ruth's mother-in-law Naomi said to her, "My daughter, I must find a home for you, where you will be well provided for.  Ruth 3:1


I read this and felt immediate comfort, and I hope you feel what I felt. 


I know that God, our Heavenly Father, loves us infinitely more than Naomi loved Ruth.  Jesus put it this way:


 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!   Matthew 7:9-11


I am a imperfect father, yet I do my best to make sure my children not only have a home and are provided for, but that they are well provided for. 


I'm encouraged and comforted by the love of Naomi and the love of even imperfect fathers like me, because I know that God's love as my heavenly Father is perfect. 


He not only finds a home for me, but he finds one where I am well provided for.
He does the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment