Tuesday, April 22, 2014

You Confidence and Assurance

"You're destroying your life!  Think about what you're doing son.  It doesn't make any sense!"


"Mom, I know you don't understand.  Trust God and trust me."


"I do, but I want what's best for you, and I don't know if you've thought this through."


"I've not only thought it through, but I've prayed about my decision and I have peace about everything I'm doing."


"How can you be so confident?  What assurance do you have?"


"What Jesus said gives me assurance of what I hope for:   Do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  This is the assurance of what I hope for, and the evidence of what I don't see at the moment.  I know I only want God's will, so I also know that He will not only reveal His will, but provide for me to do it."


"I understand son.  I'm with you and will pray that God blesses your faith in Him."


Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

No comments:

Post a Comment