Sunday, December 1, 2013

THE EASIEST WAY TO GET and Keep ATTENTION‏ (Part 2)

For the doubters and disbelievers: Imagine you’re in a crowded room. Any crowded room. Anywhere. Someone, ANYONE, comes in and says in a loud voice, “Everybody, listen to ME!” Would that get your attention? Don’t tell me it wouldn’t! I saw a dramatization of the comedian Eddie Murphy as a child. He came into the living room where all of his family was and said, “I have a joke to tell.” Everyone listened. He got and kept their attention. Who doesn’t like a good joke, especially from Eddie Murphy!? My wife told me about a mentally challenged woman who used to routinely say, “I have some good news for you! I have a boyfriend!” Good news. Jokes. Or whatever you find genuinely interesting. If it genuinely interests you, or better put, if it GENUINELY GOT AND KEPT YOUR ATTENTION, then ask for attention and share what captured and kept your focus! You don’t have to be Eddie Murphy. You don’t have to have a boyfriend! But if you’re reading, then you want undivided attention. The only condition to KEEPING ATTENTION is really having something to say. The only condition to GETTING ATTENTION is asking!

No comments:

Post a Comment