Sunday, December 29, 2013

Why You Aren't Close to God

I sat in the airport and thought about Jesus.  "Why were Peter, James, and John in Jesus’ inner circle?  What did they do that the other 9 didn’t?"  So I searched the scriptures to find out.  I looked in the letters of Peter and John, where both talk about seeing Christ in His glory with their own physical eyes.  I then went to the letter of James, not realizing at the time that this letter wasn’t written by John’s brother who was one of the 12, but by Jesus’ brother, who disbelieved in Jesus during his life.  I found this verse:

“Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you.”
Then Christ’s Spirit said to me, “You can be as close to Me as you want to be.”

I realized that the other 9 apostles DIDN’T WANT TO BE AS CLOSE TO JESUS AS PETER, JAMES, AND JOHN!
  • Peter was the only one who walked on water with Jesus, the one to whom the Father revealed Jesus as the Christ.
  • James and John wanted to sit on Jesus’ right hand in the coming kingdom.
  • These three sought closeness to Jesus that the others did not.
  • They were as close to Jesus as they wanted to be.
So are you.

If you are not close to God, it is your fault, and yours alone. 
But if you want to  be close to God, starting right now, you and God may be one!
  1. Give your life  to His Son.
  2. Give your body to the Spirit of His Son.
How?
Say it:

"God, I give my life to your Son, and my body to the Spirit of Your Son.  From now on, we are one."
Now you are as close to God as you can be, as close to God as you want to be.
(Image at the top from www.marcelopires.org )
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment