Sunday, March 30, 2014

Has God Ever Failed You?


Not one of all the Lord’s good promises to Israel failed; every one was fulfilled.  Joshua 21:45
 
When? 
 
When has God failed you?
 
Make your case against God, and make your case for yourself.
 
After all, to make a case against the trustworthiness of God assumes that you have never failed Him, or anyone else.
 
When has God promised you something and then broke His promise?
Make your case.  Accuse the Almighty.  And show yourself trustworthy, one who has kept every promise, to God, and to people.
 
When has God told you He would do something, and then failed to do what He said?
Make your case.  Give evidence of God lying to you.  And show that you've never lied since you learned to talk.
 
The trustworthiness of God has been questioned since The Garden of Eden:
  • “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”
  • "You will not surely die. For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
According to Satan, you can't REALLY know what God means. 
According to Satan, you can't trust God's words at all. 
He said, "You will surely die."  But Satan said, "You will not surely die."


Who do you believe?
Who can be trusted?


Has God ever lied to you?
Have you ever lied to God, or anyone else?


I look on my life and see God taking care of me faithfully.
He's never lied to me or deceived me.
He's always been straightforward with me, and with you.


I know this because it is impossible for God to lie.
When He speaks, He acts.
When He promises, He fulfills.


God has never failed you, and He never will.
Wherever you are in your life, and whatever you need from God right now, He will provide it.


If you agree, pray this prayer with me:


"Our Father in heaven, You are perfectly trustworthy.  I place my complete confidence in You to be who You claim to be, and to do what you promise to do.  In the name of Jesus, my life is yours. I will follow Your Spirit wherever He leads me to day, and every day.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment