Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Very Next Step You Take In Your Life

Once to every man and nation, comes the moment to decide, in the strife of truth with falsehood, for the good or evil side; some great cause, some great decision, offering each the bloom or blight, and the choice goes by forever, ’twixt that darkness and that light.~James R. Lowell
 
Today, at this moment, while you are reading, you are in a state of decision. 
  • You just made a decision. 
  • You are making a decision. 
  • You are about to make a decision.
It is a decision, for truth or falsehood.
It is a decision, for good or evil.
It is a decision, for God's will or yours.

"Or maybe I just decided which cereal I would eat. Maybe my 'decision' wasn't that big of a deal."

You know what I mean.
You know the decisions I'm talking about.

I'm talking about the very next step you take in your life.

God once asked a woman named Hagar,
"Where have you come from, and where are you going?"

Hagar made a decision to leave one situation and to seek out another.  God approached her at the very next step in her life.  So He is approaching me.  And He is also approaching you.

Ask yourself the question right now,
"Where have I come from, and where am I going?"

What is the very next step in your life?
The answer to this question should reveal the will of our God for you.
If it doesn't, then don't take another step.
Pray this prayer:

"God, show me where I've come from, where I am trying to go, and where you want me to go"

God gave us this promise in scripture:
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you."  Psalms 32:8

God will instruct you, teach you, and counsel you in the very next step you take in your life.  But it's your decision.  Your choice.  You may choose or refuse to follow His instructions.  This is your moment to decide.



No comments:

Post a Comment