Saturday, March 8, 2014

Who are Your Disciples?

“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”  Matthew 28:18-20

What is the cause Christ has given you, and who is following you?  Someone should be.  Someone should know the call of Christ in your life and feel called to follow you in that cause.  So what is it? 

Mine is a constant conversation connection with God.  In a word, I am a slave of the Spirit.  My purpose: Follow the Spirit.  Wherever He leads me, I will follow.  In this way I bear witness to Jesus in every situation.  My first followers are none other than my family. We are defined by the voice of the Spirit.  We are His slaves, and He alone is our Master. 

Total dedication and commitment to the Spirit is what binds us and defines us as a family. 

What binds you to those who follow you?  Or who do you follow?

We don't take discipleship as seriously as we should be in the Body.  We are too "independent."  Too afraid of starting "cults." But Jesus said to make disciples, so it's really an issue of obedience. We should be leading or following someone in a cause given directly by Christ, by His Spirit.  We know we are to preach the gospel.  We know we are to make disciples.  But the specific way in which this happens for you must come from the Spirit of Christ leading you.  And when He leads you, someone should be following you as you follow the Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment