Friday, March 14, 2014

What if It's Just YOU?

(Now Moses was a very humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth.) Numbers 12:3

This is my dream:  That before Jesus returns, there will be a people of God who finally get it right.  A people distinguished by God's presence and power who remain faithful to Him until Christ returns in the sky.  But I have no control over "the people of God."  I only have control over myself.  My dream has to be about me.  I have to be a man, even if I'm the only man on earth, who is distinguished by the Presence of God. 

What about you?  What if it's just you?  What if you alone are known on earth as a faithful follower of Christ?  This is possible.  At one point in time, Moses was "more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth."  One man.  Moses.  Distinguished from every one else on earth.  This could be me, or this could be you.  We have no control over anyone else.  But we do have influence.

But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.
Genesis 6:8
 
Again, in the history of men and women, only one man on earth found favor in the eyes of the Lord at one point in time.  There was a time when God regretted making us, but one man, one family, found favor with Him.  The word of God says that Noah walked faithfully with Him, but it doesn't mention the character of Noah's wife, his three sons, or his sons' wives.  Either they all were righteous in God's eyes, or God showed favor to them because of Noah, or both.  Either way, only 8 people in all of the human population were pleasing in God's sight.  8 people.  One man. One family. Three couples. 
 
What if it's just you?  What if your family is the only family that is pleasing to God at this point in history?  It's possible. Of course, we hope this is not the case.  But let's face it.  What else can we do?  What else can I do?  All I can do is walk with God to the best of my ability, and to the best of my ability influence my family and all who encounter me. That's it. 
 
I'm prepared for it to be just me?
What about you?
What if it's just you?



No comments:

Post a Comment