Saturday, January 11, 2014

God's Greatest Promise TO YOU

"Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you."
James 4:8
 
Through prayer you can be as close to God as you want to be. 
 
This happens when you pray in three ways:
  1. Honestly.
  2. Deliberately.
  3. Secretly.
PRAY HONESTLY
 
It is written, "The LORD is near to all who call on Him; to all who call in Him in truth." 
Psalms 145:18. 

The word of God also says that God is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all.  It is impossible for light and darkness to be intimate.  In God there is no hiding, so to be close to Him, you must be completely vulnerable. 
 
PRAY DELIBERATELY
 
It is written again,  "The LORD is with you when you are with him."  2 Chronicles 5:2 

Because God is everywhere, if you deliberately acknowledge His presence, wherever you are, He will deliberately acknowledge yours, as Jesus says in the next way to pray.
 
PRAY SECRETLY

It is written once again, "But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." 
Matthew 6:6 

Intimacy assumes secrecy.  When you pray to God alone and for God alone to hear, He will honor your expression of intimacy by being intimate with you. 

I once spent time alone with God when my roommate was away.  I told God my deepest fears about the future, and I wanted Him to sit with me and comfort me.  I felt Him with me as I sat on my bed, until my roommate came home.  My roommate's presence was clearly an interruption, because I didn't sense God until he left. And I missed Him.
 
I felt God with me that day because of these three things:
  1. I prayed honestly.
  2. I prayed deliberately.
  3. I prayed secretly.
If you believe in Jesus, and you do these three things, you will experience God's greatest promise to you:
 
You can be as close to God as you want to be!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment