Tuesday, January 14, 2014

What you should EXPECT after THE SPIRIT FILLS YOU (Part 2)

Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Ephesians 5:19-20

When the Spirit fills you, the most probable manifestation is verbal expression. Not necessarily tongues, or prophecy, though in the Old Testament and New, when the Spirit came upon people, many prophesied.  I'll go so far as to say most.  Yet even in saying that, the word of God does not make it mandatory to prophecy or speak in tongues when you are filled with the Spirit, even if they were common biblical expressions of the Spirit's filling. 

When the Spirit first came upon me, I didn't spontaneously speak at all!  I felt the Spirit cover my body like a warm blanket of peace.  This happened after I said these words alone, in the dark, in my room:

"I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He died for my sins."
 
Yet I will say this:  When I preached the gospel to my graduating class I felt "the anointing of the Spirit."  Literally.  It felt like an invisible liquid poured on my physical head. 

I must note:
  • I didn't ask for it.
  • I wasn't excited.
  • I spoke calmly.
But there was very real super natural power when I spoke!  A holy hush fell over the audience. Time seemed to stop, and I received a standing ovation after leading the audience in a prayer to receive Christ.  Now you could experience this anointing by asking!  And you could be excited and shout, if the Spirit led you to. 
 
The main thing is this:

When you are filled with the Spirit, however it is manifest, you will be a bold witness of the Lord Jesus.
 
Yet when the Spirit fills you, the common biblical manifestations are verbal expressions:
  • speaking to one another
  • with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit.
  • always giving thanks to God the Father for everything,
  • in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 
I have personally experienced each of these things, as well as tongues and prophecy, which may also happen.  Being filled with the Spirit in these ways feels like your heart is filled with words that overflow for the glory of God!  Whether known or unknown languages, the words flow from your mouth, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, and for the glory of the Lord Jesus Christ! 

Yet it is also possible TO ACT from a heart filled with Spirit power!  As Jesus was driven into the wilderness by the Spirit, you may feel His power driving you to act.

Or you may feel the perfect stillness of perfect peace emanating from you, affecting the atmosphere around!

But mark the word of God, when the Spirit fills you, something that glorifies Jesus WILL HAPPEN!

(READ PART 3!  CLICK HERE!)




No comments:

Post a Comment