Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Three Levels of Following the Spirit (Part 3)

"As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him."  1 John 2:27

LEVEL 2: INTUITION (DIRECT REVELATION)

I noticed that the more I listened to my conscience, as the Spirit expressed approval or disapproval through it, the more specific God's guidance became.  And the more "initiative" The Spirit would take.  In other words, instead of me bringing things to God for His approval or disapproval through conscience, I notice myself asking HIM what HE wanted me to do in specific situations.  Or I would notice Him leading me before I could ask. 

This is how.

One day I woke up and prayed about my day.  After reading the first chapter of John, I knew without doubt that I should call my mother.  Without doubt.  As certainly as I knew my name.  I didn't really want to call her.  Not first thing in the morning.  And I had a choice in me.  I could choose or refuse to follow the feeling of certainty.  I chose to call her. 

"I was JUST thinking about you, wanting to hear your voice son!  I'm so glad you called me!"

Wow.

"Honor your father and mother, so that your days may be long on the earth." 

I actually HEARD these words after my mother expressed her pleasure.  But I wasn't meditating on that verse, or even connecting that verse to calling my mother, though it's obviously connected.

It wasn't a memory of the verse.  I wasn't remembering God writing those words on tablets of stone and giving them to Moses.  I HEARD the Spirit SAY them TO ME!

Click HERE for Part 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment