Monday, January 20, 2014

What my life would be like WITHOUT MARTIN LUTHER KING JR.

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.  Galatians 5:1

I'd be dead.
For looking at a white woman.
My wife Lucy.

I'd be hanging from a tree in Macon, Ga.
Lynched.
For loving my Lucy.

My seven beautiful children would not be here.
Neither would I.

I wouldn't be a Field Training Officer.
Black men weren't allowed to be officers.

You may not even be reading my words right now.
It's doubtful I'd have my own blog.

I'd be watched.
For changing my name.
From and Italian first name,
To a Nigerian first name.
After all, only Muslims do that, right.
Black nationalists.
Communists.
Not true and patriotic Americans.

What my life would be like without Martin Luther King Jr. is a constant fearful hell.

But God sent a prophet to lead my ancestors, the courageous, the honorable.

I'm alive to continue God's purpose: 
That America may be truly free.

Click HERE to read the article that inspired me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment