Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Your ONLY Hope In This World

God hears and answers your prayers.  This is your only hope in this world.  You and I know that we are not in control.  We know we are helpless.  At God's mercy.  Thankfully, He loves us.  If He didn't withhold His only Son, as the scriptures say, will He withhold from us anything truly good? 

Is anything or anyone better than His son?
Is there any promise better than the one already given?

God reminded me of this promise through my wife's dream of the cross.  God showed her this in answer to her prayer for hope beyond this world.  She saw that no matter what good or relief we experience here on earth, as Solomon says, we're still going to die.  So she wanted to see what heaven has in store.

But instead, God showed her the cross of Christ.  This is what we can see now.  This is all we can comprehend of God's deep love. And even this be don't understand.

Yet what I came to understand through my wife's dream, and through songs I listened to while driving, is that the cross is the hope we have in this world.  Because Jesus died, I can pray.  I can ask for help.  I can have God's listening ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment