Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Three Levels of Following the Spirit (Part 4)

“The Spirit of the Lord spoke through me; his word was on my tongue. The God of Israel spoke, the Rock of Israel said to me.." 2 Samuel 23:2-3

Having faithfully followed the Spirit through being faithful to my conscience in relation to the scriptures, and having followed His leading through intuition and direct revelation, also in relation to scripture, I started to hear the Spirit's voice. 

What did it sound like?

Listen to your mind's "voice."  Right now.  As you read.  It's kind of like that, but sharper.  Not loud.  Easy to hear.  Easy to ignore.

What kinds of things does The Spirit say to me?

He always says, "Jesus is Lord.  Jesus Christ has come in the flesh."  Always.  He always enlightens me in the scriptures, and His voice is ALWAYS clear!  In fact, I've come to learn that if I hear any voice, or leading, or revelation that is UNCLEAR, IT IS NOT THE HOLY SPIRIT!

For example.

One day, I didn't know whether I should address a problem I was having at work with my supervisor.  I asked God for His direction by His Spirit.  I felt intense pressure and confusion, compelled to talk to my supervisor.  Intense fearful obligation.  I even started sweating!

Not CLEAR on whether this was God's Spirit, I said, "If this is You, Holy Spirit, I submit in Jesus name.  If it isn't You, and if it's the devil, I resist, in Jesus name!"

Bam!

The confusion and fearful obligation left me, and perfect peace remained!

"First, search your own heart to make sure you haven't sinned in this situation.  If you are without sin, then ask Me about addressing your supervisor."

These words were very clear and easy for me to do.  No condemnation or accusation.  I searched my heart and found pride.  I thought I knew better than my supervisor and that I was much more qualified them him in every way.  I asked God to forgive me.  I felt His forgiveness and peace. 

"Go to your supervisor and tell him that you appreciate what he's trying to do."

I knew I was to do this.  I felt no pressure or obligation.  I could obey or disobey. 

 I obeyed.

My supervisor held back tears.

"This is one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make for this company.  Please pray for me."

We prayed, and I cried with him, because of the goodness of God in his life and mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment