Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Three Levels of Following the Spirit (Part 2)

We tried to stay abstinent until marriage.
When I considered spending time alone with her, my conscience would give a resounding no.
When I listened, I felt intense peace, and my conscience became stronger.
When I ignored, I felt intense sorrow, and my conscience became weaker.

"We have to stop."
"I know.  What do we do."
"I'm moving out.  Until we get married, we can't be alone together."
"I know sweetie.  I'm with you and God no matter what.  I love you.
"I love you too.  Let's commit to be faithful to our conscience as we learn more from scripture."
"I will be faithful to my conscience, learning from the scripture, following the Spirit of Jesus."
"Amen."
"Amen."

From that day on, I listened to my conscience.  (So did my girlfriend.)
I failed once or twice since then, but felt such conviction that I immediately started over.
(The pastor called that "repentance.")

I came to see that I had to IMMEDIATELY obey my conscience, or immediately repent.

When I did this, my conscience became the most trustworthy guide I had in immediate situations.
I knew to love God and love my neighbor as I learned more specific scriptures.
When I didn't know a scripture beyond those two,  my conscience was more than true!

And the more faithful I was to my conscience, the more I knew the will of God!
At first my conscience was like a red light/green light sensation.
I would present things to God and get either a red light or green light.

But after some time, I started to experience GOD COMING TO ME with things.  He began to lead me instead of just permitting or prohibiting me.  I started to experience Him leading through my intuitions...(Read Part 3.  Click HERE.)

No comments:

Post a Comment