Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Day God Refused to Answer a Mother's Prayer

I know a mother who left her ten year old son home alone during a hurricane. She had to work. There was no one to watch him. Her son felt terribly afraid because of the wind blasting against the house. He called his mother in horror. She tried to reassure him, but he was unconvinced. "Just come home mom!" Before she went to work, the mother knew intuitively she shouldn't go. But she ignored her intuition. "My son is strong. He'll be ok," she reasoned. But he wasn't ok. No where near. "God, please show my son that you are there. Please give him a sign or a miracle." The wind blew harder and faster, and her son began to cry, begging her to come home. The mother became angry with God. This is the story she told me. When she finished, God showed me something, and I told her the revelation. She prayed for a miracle, and God honored her by not answering her. Why? Because her son didn't need a miracle. Her son needed his mother. God agreed with her son. She was the answer to her own prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment