Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A Realization

I am Olatunde Donte' Ramon Howard. I am a son of God. I'm 40 years old, married to my Lucy for almost 12 years, and I am the father of Matthias, Britannia, Acacia, Uriah, Caelestis, Andromeda, and Atticus.

 I am coming to a realization as I'm writing and starting a new blog: All I have to give to God and to you is me. Simply me. I'm no longer concerned about whether I'm writing between 200 and 400 words. Nor am I concerned about my "brand," at least not in the way that I'm told I should be concerned. Clearly I am my brand. Clearly I am my "situational presence" as Kristi Hedges is saying.

You are fully aware of all of this.

You know Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, Prince, and Madonna by their names, first and last, or simply their first names. They give you themselves, as themselves. That's all they have to give God and you. I'm all I have to give you and God.

This is my realization.

 I'm the author of the 3 other blogs, actually 4 other blogs. I'm also the author of 2 books. (Here I'm supposed to link you to those blogs and my books. But I'm not going to right now.  If you want to know them, leave me a comment, or look in my profile.)

 In each of these blogs I'm trying to find "my voice." You know. The thing I'm saying that no other blogger in the known universe is saying. Where is God? What are my Spiritual thoughts? How can I say like no one else says that I'm the Spirit's Slave? I know! Cru! A small word. Interesting and unique, right? And I'll use my friend James-Michael Smith's picture as a symbol of my "personal brand." I'm still going to use the picture because I do feel it captures an essence of me very well. But nothing, and no picture, can capture my spirit. So I'm going to stop trying to do that.  I'm feeling these things now, so I'm writing them right now!

 I'm one with my realization:
All I have to give to God and you is me.
 Receive me as you read, as I'm receiving you while I'm writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment