Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Scene from JUDGEMENT DAY


 

James Williams, son of Robert, where have you been and where was your going?
I came from a hard working family, and I focused on being as successful as humanly possible.

What did success mean for you in your life?
It meant I got all that I earned through my hard work and skill.

What was that?
Respect in my field, wealth, luxury, all the perks of someone who made it!

Now, in front of Me, what did all of your accomplishments mean?
……..I don’t know exactly.  I feel like I’ve done next to nothing.  But how can that be?  Haven’t I used all the talents You gave me for good?

For whose good?  Whose good did you intend in your definition of success?
……………mine, and anyone else’s who wanted to succeed in life.

What about your wife and children?
They didn’t have my drive!  They always wanted my time and attention in a way that distracted me.

You only valued those who had your drive.
Who else deserved my value?

After you succeeded, according to your definition of success, what happened to your drive?
Well when a man gets to the top, he can relax.

And do what?
Enjoy the fruit of his labor.  Even the Bible says that.

So only those who were driven and successful in their labor deserve your time, and deserve enjoyment and rest in life?
Exactly!

What do you want from Me?
What have I ever wanted from you?  Absolutely nothing!  I never needed to live on my knees for anything, and I won't begin begging now!  For mercy or anything else!

Where did your drive, ability, and success come from James?
I know.  You gave them to me.  But what I did with them is all mine!  You didn’t make me successful! 

Now that the end is near, what do you want?
I have my will.  I always will.  I got where I am all by myself, and all I need I have in me!  All I will ever need is ME!   

I will never yield to You! 
Nor I to you.
Then we agree. 
We do.   

Let eternity be as you say.  Let your will be done forever.  I give you the opposite of Heaven and My Sanctuary:  I give you the sanctuary of Self.  Forever you will have no one, or no thing, but you.  Your imagination, without the Creator's or the creation's inspiration, is yours to do with what you will.  It is as you say, both now, and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment