Saturday, October 26, 2013

Why CHRISTIANS should be AMAZING, ASTOUNDING, and ASTONISHING!

They were amazed at his teaching, because his words had authority.  Luke 4:32.
 


The word "Christian" means "Christ like."
Christ was amazing, astounding, and astonishing!
Therefore, those who are Christ like should amaze, astound, and astonish!

How so?

Two ways:
1.  Their testimony.
2.  Their prayers.

The last words of Jesus before He ascended were these:

You will receive (miraculous) power when the Spirit comes upon you.  And you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and the uttermost parts of the world.  Acts 1:8

Power to be His witnesses is what Jesus promises.

Every believer, in simply telling who Jesus is and what He did for them, should amaze, astound, and astonish, by the miraculous power of the Holy Spirit who is in them, and empowering them to be witnesses of Jesus.

Not only this.

Jesus also said these words to His apostles:

"You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."  John 14:14

Believers, those who believe in Jesus' name, have direct access to God through faith in His name! 
They may ask anything in His name, that is, anything under His authority and for His glory, and Christ Himself will grant it to them!

I've experienced being a witness of Jesus, and praying in the name of Jesus, in such a way that was amazing, astounding and astonishing!

One day, when asked point blank in college, who Jesus is, I said simply:

"Jesus is God, and He died for my sins!"

And there was silence!  A holy hush! 
They were amazed, astounded, and astonished!

Once an atheist asked me to pray for him.
Another time a Buddhist asked me to pray for her.

I've never asked an atheist to pray for me, or a Buddhist for spiritual help of any kind.
Both assured me, EVEN AS THEY ASKED ME TO PRAY, that they "didn't believe in God."
But they both still asked me to pray or them.
Why?

Both expressed to me that they had been amazed, astounded, and astonished by situations they saw me come through.  Situations that they knew from my mouth could only be overcome through prayer.

Some Christians believe "miracles" and "healing" and "prophecy" still happens. 
Some don't.

But all believers know that we are supposed to be witnesses of Jesus, and to pray in His name!

Therefore, by doing at least these two things, we should be amazing, astounding, and astonishing.

Because the Lord we serve still amazes!
The Lord who lives is still astounding and astonishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment